Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Susanna's baptism

Susanna was baptized on February 15th!  Nanny and Grandfather came, as did her godparents Dennis and Emily.  Here's a video of the night that everyone got into town.  (This was taken only moments after Susanna, having not been burped after eating in the excitement of the great-grandparents' arrival, spit up all over the floor right over Bryan's shoulder.  No big deal, right?  There were two dogs there to clean it up, after all.  Unfortunately, they decided to snub the chance to lick up baby glorp.  Oh well.)



The baptism itself was beautiful.  Because Dennis and Emily could only make it out for Presidents' Day weekend, we had to arrange for a private baptism.  Deacon Ralph was kind enough to agree to celebrate.  Members of my parents' choir came, as did Sara and Peter, and the ceremony was one of the most deeply moving experiences I have ever had.  Here's video (my dad was shooting) of the pouring, when God called her to walk as a child of the Light.  (I know we look serious, but it was really a very joyful experience).



Here's one last video of Susanna at 8 weeks.  She's started smiling socially, which is a ton of fun.  We went to the pediatrician's office (wonderful physician, so much easier to take than Dr. Murphy) last week, and she's 23 inches long and weighs 11lbs 6.5oz.  What a chunkster!  She did a great job with all the shots--the screaming only lasted for a moment and then she was fine.  (Probably helped that I had pre-dosed her with Tylenol =P).  



Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I wanna eat her UP, especially in that last video! She is getting so big and talking a lot, too. Love to see her little personality coming out!

    Was it nice having a private Baptism-- made it more intimate, I bet?? What a beautiful day for all of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete